Wooing Tree Development Partnership (we, us, our) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy. This policy was last updated on December 1, 2023.
Who do we collect your personal information from
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products.
- third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available. If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
How we use your personal information
We will use your personal information:
- to provide services and products to you
- to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose)
- to improve the services and products that we provide to you
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
Disclosing your personal information
We will only collect ‘sensitive information’ with your consent. We will assume that you have consented to us collecting all information which is provided to us by you for use in accordance with this policy, including any ‘sensitive information’, unless you tell us otherwise at the time you provide it to us. If you are enrolled in a Harcourts training course, we may collect information about you which is considered sensitive information for example, information about whether you identify you as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander; information which may disclose your racial or ethnic origin (such as your proficiency languages other than English); and information about your health or a disability where this is relevant to your training needs.
Storage and Security of your personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- another company within our group
- any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products
- other third parties (for anonymised statistical information)
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorised by you.
We may transfer your information in the case of a sale, merger, consolidation, liquidation, reorganisation or acquisition.
Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at email@example.com. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
If you post your personal information on the website’s message board/ chat room, you acknowledge and agree that the information you post is publicly available.